Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quiet in the Garden

Seoul Garden Korean on UrbanspoonFollowing some "Chopstick Fears" (addressed on my other blog), I've made it a point to visit a few Asian restaurants "near" my home so that I can practice using chosticks prior to my upcoming trip to South Korea.  While my friends whom accompanied me tonight did laugh a few times and my attempts, they can't deny that I made it through my meal without resorting to fork usage tonight <grin>.

Tonight's venture took us to Seoul Garden, a Korean restaurant in Mid-West City, OK.  In addition to my chopstick practice I also want to rekindle my taste buds toward Koran dishes.  I ordered the beef bul-go-gi as I remembered it being a favorite of mine during my last trip to Korea.  As our meals were being served we were offered to help ourselves with the miso soup; just add onions, mushrooms, and seaweed to whatever suited each of us individually.  It was served with white steamed rice, chicken egg rolls, and the table spread of kim-chi, potato pancakes, cucumber kim-chi, and other items which were served family style.

I thoroughly enjoyed every bite!  Things were not as spicy as I had thought (maybe even hoped) but the food was absolutely wonderful.  While Seoul Garden is not near my home or work locations and is a bit of a drive to get to, it is still a location which I can definitely see myself returning.

The only downside to the whole experience was the overall lack of customers in the large dinning room.  Granted it was a Wednesday night during the summer, but I would have hoped that a restaurant with as high a popularity rate as Seoul Garden would have had more diners.  Perhaps they are busier during other times, but tonight was just a quiet night in the Garden.




Until next time, happy eating is only an adventure away.

No comments:

Post a Comment