Sunday, July 28, 2013

Emeril's: the Real Deal

Emeril's New Orleans on Urbanspoon
I've eaten at Emeril's New Orleans before, but the experience tonight just blew that totally out of the water.  My previous experience included my giving one of the best possibly compliments that I can make regarding a restaurant's seafood gumbo..."it's almost as good as Aunt Mary's gumbo".  Honestly, if I even think that a gumbo comes close to my dearly departed Aunt Mary then you should know it is some TOP NOTCH gumbo.

This morning I called Emeril's to make a reservation for one (I'm traveling alone right now) and they recommended that I sit at the Chef's Window...a bar that looks directly into the kitchen so that you can see what's going on in the preparation of food.  I jumped at that chance.




Upon my arrival and my perusement of the menu, I settled on their summer special of a Five Course Menu; you have a choice of three items for each course on this tasting menu.  Before my five courses began to arrive, I was served a plate of breads and a perfect little appetizer salad.  Then the fun started...
assorted breads
appetizer salad
Fresh Angel Hair Pasta
Louisiana Crawfish, Smoked Mushrooms,
Local Tomatoes, Tarragon, Parmesan
Yellowfin Tuna--Butter Lettuce Cups
Pork Belly Confit, Hoisin, Jalapeno, Crips Rice Noodles
Andouille Crusted Rainbow Trout
Grilled Vegetables, Shoestring Potatoes,
Glazed Pecans, Creole Meuniere Sauce
**Signature Dish of the House**
Creative Fish of the Day
Grilled Swordfish, Japanese Eggplant,
Panko Breadcrumbs, Spicy Rapini, Alabama Peach Vinaigrette 
Vanilla Creme Brulee
Seasonal Fruit, Shortbread
Cappuccino
And remember, happy eating is only an adventure away!

No comments:

Post a Comment