Sunday, May 31, 2015

Entree Enroute

Tortas Frontera Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
In February 2011, my principal and I were in transit at Chicago's O'Hare Airport en-route to Washington, DC for an educators conference. It was breakfast time and we had a couple of hours to kill. So we walked around until we were certain that we had found the perfect spot: Tortas Frontera by Chef Rick Bayless. Frontera features Latin American themed sandwiches, or tortas, and even has a handful of breakfast options (eggs & bacon, eggs & chorizo, eggs alone...each with peppers, avocado, and salsa verde). We each made our orders...mine the egg & chorizo...and sat down to enjoy.

And the rest is history...

Every time I know that I'm going to be routed through Chicago for a trip, I do my best schedule enough time to run over to Frontera. Usually this takes commitment because I usually fly American Airlines and Frontera is located in the United terminal. I've travelled alone, with colleagues or friends, or ran into a friend in the airport who was also in transit somewhere and showed them my love of those breakfast tortas.

I'm so glad that my trip to Louisville this year has allowed me another opportunity to dive into a delicious salsa verde covered egg & chorizo torta! Each time I dine here I remember that first trip with my principal (recently retired) and the others with whom I've shared this culinary adventure.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete