Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Getting Crabby Makes Me Happy

Old Ebbitt Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - ZomatoOne of my most favorite places to eat while in Washington, DC is Old Ebbitt Grill near the White House. I've eaten wonderful lobster rolls and swordfish items at lunch. I've watched friends enjoy steaks (I'm not a big steak eater personally). My current Lt. Governor boasts his love for their burgers. And my personal favorite is their crab cakes.

Just before leaving for this trip to the District I learned that a friend of mine from northern California and her family would be on vacation in Washington at the same time I'd be here for a conference. Amy and I met as part of a global education program for teachers several years ago and have remained great friends; I've even flown out to California to attend an OKC Thunder v. Sacramento Kings NBA game with she and her son, Ethan, because he, like myself, is a major Thunder fan.

On a trip to DC related to that global education program, Amy and I along with another of our friends from the same program at Old Ebbitt. As her family arrived into town last night she mentioned that she wanted to go there for dinner that night. So we went.

Amy, Ethan, and I got super Crabby (and, thus really happy) with our crab cakes, while her husband, Bruce, enjoyed some oysters and her younger son, Cade, enjoyed pizza and tater tots. I can honestly say that I've never had better crab cakes than at Old Ebbitt. If you know of someplace (even far away from Washington, DC) to get better crab cakes please let me know. I'll try out your suggestion, because I just love to get Crabby 😉.


No comments:

Post a Comment